Wednesday, January 27, 2010

SLRPPACF - Spirit of the Letter

This has been migrated from my Flickr account post of same name. I bring it here since many have prompted that a blog would be a better form and format to be able to have better and proper discourse on the matter. I believe I have a right to migrate and transfer my own thoughts and words onto a different forum, and, to not allow for any double posting of the matter, I will leave a link in my Flickr post to clarify that discussion is being taken off Flickr and to a format that welcomes discussion more openly.
Here is the link to the Flickr post, for those interested:

The Rationale and Spirit Behind SLRPPACF
As Mye pointed out in her comment of assent, and thus being the first to comply to the Agreement (no cronyism, just noting, and stating a fact), the acronym is very long. So indeed, don't think I take myself all that serious. It is, in part, a joke sort of parody regarding the legalism to which some RPers abide in at times. You know the type, who overburden everyone with precise details of weaponry, be it in describing their own, or what they percieve ought to be the guidelines that all should abide by. Those that feel the obsessive need to micromanage not only their percieved perfection regarding their particular character's style and appearance, but also imposing that on everyone else and telling everyone that this is how they must look, or else hit the highway. They could lean to the extreme hive mentality of quasi-Communism, or that obnoxious uniform quality of the uber nazi who believe everyone should be exactly as them with no room for individuality. Both extremes, if allowed too much ability to control individuals, destroys personal autonomy and freedoms to hold one's own intelligence and creativity to themselves. And when that happens, the thought police invade and take over, destroying any and all personal freedoms that had once been enjoyed before these obnoxious elements came in and screw everyone over. So basically, I'm trying to reclaim my own personal autonomy and freedoms to think and create in the media I wish to employ to do so. Of course, there are rules. There always are. There are universal rules that come into play, first and foremost. We all have some inkling of an idea what they are, so, I'm not going to presage and preach about what they are to any of you. Besides, you all know what you percieve as your own personal freedoms, so why should I tell you what they are, as if I ought to impose them on you? We're all adults, so let's not think it necessary to chide each other on how to act like one. We either do, or we don't. However, if, in our freedoms, we do impose abuses on each other, we should also be adult enough to come to one another and talk about them. Or, if too hurt to be able to talk about them at this particular time and place in your life, then should be adult enough to self govern and censor yourself as seen fit. But, at times, we do abuse these freedoms and do need someone to step up and tell someone that they are doing exactly what they don't want others to do to them. I thank, and properly feel I do so, Mye, Ashur, Aegy, and even Chi (*grumble, grumble* yeah, I said thanks to Chi, hope he doesn't get an ego about it <.< ) for stepping up and speaking with me on such matters where I recently had a lapse of judgement in the way in which I went about protesting the abuses and injustices that Midian had imposed on me. After all, if I allow myself to lower my governing to the level of those that I believe abused me, how can I sit there and say I am any better than they? I can't, nor will I. Because, honestly, if you really get past the bullshit, the reality of the matter is NONE OF US ARE PERFECT. I mean, I have a pretty good idea that 99.999% of us in SL are human of some kind. And to err, is human, as it is said. And some may even consider to forgive is divine. Though, if it is, I suppose it can be a divine gullibility, and even a moral liability, if one does so and forgets the lesson that came from whatever transgression brought about the need to seek and give out forgiveness. Because, if you forget, then you continue to miss the mark, and your precision will always be that much lower as one continues in blind ignorance of their faults. But that's just my preachy ramblings here, and nothing I wish to impose on anyone, though they are welcome to listen and consider what wisdom they may get out of them, if any. Because, if I continue to lower my aim, and no longer strive for the high road, anything I say, no matter how right it may be, will just sound no more or less obnoxious and unintelligible as a clanging gong. So, take what you will from my words, if any or none. I'll let my actions - good and bad - speak for themselves. I would just hope that most here that watch my accounts do so with a grain of salt and are willing to judge me in the entirety of my actions, not just in my transgressions alone. I'll try to do the same, even with those that despise me. For they're not all bad. They have some good in them, somewhere. And some of them, I had seen glimpses of it before they gave me the fuck-over royale. One can hope, even they can come out of their blindess and rage to also consider the good in their enemies as well. Hell, if I can thank Chi, after so many years of having him as a nemesis on my other character named Luke Heartsdale, and even consider him among friends, I'm willing to believe anything's possible eventually. In essence, advice to my friends, and remark to those at this moment that would be my enemies, there is some truth in this quote: "[Y]ou must acquire the trick of ignoring those who do not like you. In my experience, those who do not like you fall into two categories: The stupid and the envious. The stupid will like you in five years time. The envious, never." - (John Wilmot, Second Earl of Rochester, from the movie The Libertine) With that said, let's continue on with RP. Please feel free to sign the previous picture post document, as I do look to it now as a measure for those that I can trust to not only be willing to RP with me fairly and with generally good intentions, but also be willing to collaborate with me in the creation of stories here on my Flickr, as well as theirs. Also, If you would like to post the agreement in your Flickr as well, feel free to flickr mail me, or leave a comment below. Other than that, feel free also to make comments, with your individial uniqueness in both creativity and intelligence below... or something more or less like it. <.<

No comments:

Post a Comment